NOTICE: NQLC ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE OF 2019 and 2020
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS
North Queensland Land Council Native Title Representative Body Aboriginal Corporation (NQLC Members)
The Board of Directors has determined in accordance with the Corporation’s Rules that the previously postponed 2019 and 2020 Annual General Meeting of North Queensland Land Council Native Title Representative Body Aboriginal Corporation (NQLC) will be held on:
DATE: Saturday 10 April 2021
VENUE: Mungalla Station, Forrest Beach Road VIA INGHAM, QLD 4850
TIME: 10:00 am – 3:00pm
(2019 AGM 10.00am – 12.00pm (includes vote on adoption of proposed Rule Book); LUNCH 12.00pm – 1.30pm; 2020 AGM 1.30pm – 3.00pm)
Please note that under the Rules the order of business at an Annual General Meeting is –
- to confirm Minutes of the last General Meeting, whether the Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting;
- to receive from the Board, reports concerning the activities and business of the Corporation during the preceding financial years ending June 30th 2020 including Chairperson’s Report and Chief Executive Officer’s Report;
- to receive the Auditor’s Report;
- to appoint an Auditor for 2020/2021 as required by the CATSI Act;
- To consider a special resolution to adopt a new Rule Book for the NQLC (2019 AGM only); and
- to conduct such other business as the meeting shall determine.
In addition, the Board is proposing that the Members consider a new NQLC Rule Book which will be voted on prior to the conclusion of the 2019 AGM.
The following Special Resolutions will be proposed to Members at the meeting regarding the repeal and adoption of a new Rule Book:
- The Members of the North Queensland Land Council resolve to adopt OPTION 1 regarding the number of directors as specified at Rule 8.1 and Schedule 2 of the proposed Rule Book annexed to the Annual General Meeting notice and as presented at the meeting on 10 April 2021.
- The Members of the North Queensland Land Council resolve to adopt OPTION 2 regarding the number of directors as outlined at Rule 8.1 and Schedule 2 of the proposed Rule Book annexed to the Annual General Meeting notice and as presented at the meeting on 10 April 2021.
- In accordance with Rule 27 of the current NQLC Rule Book and the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006, the Members of the North Queensland Land Council resolve to:
- Repeal the current Rule Book; and
- Adopt the Proposed Rule Book as attached to the Annual General Meeting notice and as presented during the Annual General Meeting on 10 April 2021.
To download a copy of the proposed new rule book and an information sheet explaining the proposed changes, please click the linked text below:
Chairperson, North Queensland Land Council
- Please note that financial and/or travel assistance is not available for attendance at the AGM
- To confirm your intention to attend the AGM please contact NQLC Reception on Free call 1800 814 779 by 02/04/2021.