NOTICE: NQLC WARD ELECTIONS – 12 November 2021
NQLC WARD ELECTION NOTICE
NOTICE TO ELECT THE 2021 BOARD MEMBERS FOR NORTH QUEENSLAND LAND COUNCIL NATIVE TITLE REPRESENTATIVE BODY ABORIGINAL CORPORATION
FRIDAY 12 November 2021
- 10:00AM (Cairns, Charters Towers/Hughenden, Innisfail, Mt Garnet, Palm Island, Tablelands, Townsville/Ayr, Tully and Yarrabah Wards)
- 11:00AM (Mackay/Proserpine Ward)
CAIRNS WARD: Cairns Sheridan Hotel, 295 Sheridan Street Cairns 4870 (x2 Directors to be elected)
CHARTERS TOWERS WARD: PCYC Charters Towers, Enterprise Road Charters Towers QLD 4820 (x1 Director to be elected)
INNISFAIL WARD: Innisfail Regional Library, 49 Rankin Street Innisfail QLD 4860 (x1 Director to be elected)
MACKAY/PROSERPINE WARD: Mackay Senior Citizens Hall, 58 Macalister Street Mackay 4740 (x1 Director to be elected)
MT GARNET WARD: Mt Garnet Hall, Garnet Street, Mt Garnet 4872 (x1 Director to be elected)
PALM ISLAND WARD: PCYC Sports Hall, Main Street Palm Island 4816 (x1 Director to be elected)
TABLELANDS WARD: Hallorans Hill, Centenary Drive Atherton 4883 (x 2 Directors to be elected)
TOWNSVILLE/AYR WARD: Mercure Townsville, 166-194 Woolcock Street Service Road Currajong Townsville QLD 4814
TULLY WARD: QCWA Tully, 5 Plumb Street Tully Qld 4854 (x1 Director to be elected)
YARRABAH WARD: PCYC Yarrabah, 57 Backbeach Road Yarrabah Qld 4871 (x1 Director to be elected)
- It is the member’s obligation to check that they are eligible to vote in this Ward.
- Proxy voting does not apply
- Eligible members are encouraged to attend the meeting and stand for election.
- Any member accepting a nomination to stand will be asked to sign a ‘Consent to Act as a Director’ Form.
- The Director elected at this election take office at the close of the NQLC’s AGM later this year.
Please note that under the NQLC Rules a quorum of Eligible Ward Members at a Ward Meeting will be twenty (20) or 20% of the total Eligible Ward Members for that Ward, whichever is the lesser.
Where a quorum is NOT OBTAINED within thirty minutes, after the designated time set for a Ward Meeting, the meeting shall be adjourned to a time one hour after the advertised commencement of the meeting i.e. wait a further half hour to 11:00am start.
The quorum for this adjourned Ward Meeting shall be the number equivalent to the number of members then in attendance on the day.
No assistance provided to attend the Ward Meeting.
Click below to download a copy of your relevant Ward Meeting Notice: