NOTICE: NQLC WARD ELECTIONS – 21 October 2023
NQLC WARD ELECTION NOTICE
MEMBERS ARE DULY ADVISED 2023 IS AN ELECTION YEAR FOR THE NORTH QUEENSLAND LAND COUNCIL NATIVE TITLE REPRESENTATIVE BODY ABORIGINAL CORPORATION
AN ELECTION PROCESS WILL BE HELD WITHIN EACH OF NQLC’s 10 REPRESENTATIVE WARDS TO ELECT A BOARD MEMBER(S) FOR EACH WARD
Saturday, 21 October 2023
10:00AM (All locations)
CAIRNS WARD: Cairns Sheridan Hotel, 295 Sheridan Street Cairns 4870 (x2 Directors to be elected)
CHARTERS TOWERS/HUGHENDEN WARD: PCYC Charters Towers, Enterprise Road Charters Towers QLD 4820 (x1 Director to be elected)
INNISFAIL WARD: The Con Theatre, 5 River Avenue, Innisfail QLD 4860, Australia (x1 Director to be elected)
MACKAY/PROSERPINE WARD: Resources Centre of Excellence, 65 Crichtons Rd, Paget QLD 4740 (x1 Director to be elected)
MT GARNET WARD: Mt Garnet Town Hall, 18 Garnet Street, Mt Garnet 4872 (x1 Director to be elected)
PALM ISLAND WARD: PCYC Palm Island, Mango Ave Palm Island QLD 4816 (x1 Director to be elected)
TABLELANDS WARD: Hallorans Hill, Centenary Drive Atherton 4883 (x 2 Directors to be elected)
TOWNSVILLE/AYR WARD: Co. Habitat Co-Working Space, Level 1, 33-35 Palmer Street South Townsville, QLD 4810 (x1 Director to be elected)
TULLY WARD: QCWA Tully, 5 Plumb Street Tully QLD 4854 (x1 Director to be elected)
YARRABAH WARD: Yarrabah Council Community Hall, Beach Road Yarrabah QLD 4871 (x1 Director to be elected)
- THIS IS A NQLC MEMBERS ONLY ACTIVITY
- It is the member’s obligation to check that they are eligible to vote in this Ward.
- Proxy voting does not apply.
- Eligible members are encouraged to attend the meeting and stand for election. If you are interested in standing for election, please read the Fact Sheet – “What it means to be an NQLC Director”.
- Any member accepting a nomination to stand will be asked to sign a ‘Consent to Act as a Director’ Form.
- Any member accepting a nomination to stand will require a Directors Identification Number. Please read our Director ID Factsheet.
- The Directors elected at this election take office at the close of the NQLC’s AGM later this year.
- that under the NQLC Rules a quorum of Eligible Ward Members at a Ward Election meeting will be twenty (20) or 20% of the total Eligible Ward Members for that Ward, whichever is the lesser.
- Where a quorum is NOT OBTAINED within thirty minutes, after the designated time set for a Ward Election meeting, the meeting shall be adjourned to a time one hour after the advertised commencement of the meeting i.e. wait a further half hour to 11:00am start.
- The quorum for this adjourned Ward Election meeting shall be the number equivalent to the number of members then in attendance on the day.
- No assistance provided to attend the Ward election.
These meetings are not catered. Basic tea, coffee, biscuits provided.
Click below to download a copy of your relevant Ward Meeting Notice: